Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vintage Handkerchiefs

I have a weakness for vintage fabric of all kinds, but an especially weak spot for pretty vintage handkerchiefs.  Here are a few on display in my bedroom at our mountain cottage.


Some are framed to create unique art for my bedroom walls.



I used record album (you know those ancient discs of grooved vinyl that used to provide us with our favorite songs) frames.  I cut out archive quality paper board squares to fit in the frames and covered them with natural linen and then centered the hanky on top before pressing it into the frame and "presto," lovely wall art.


Some are displayed on a vintage towel bar.


And some nestled in a basket adorned with a vintage scarf and corsage of flocked blooms.



This is so pretty.  I think it was intended as a hair accessory for someone's ponytail, but it sure adds just the right touch to my basket of hankies.  Perhaps someday, I'll show you the rest of the collection, but for now, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Modern Donna said...

I love them in the frames. What a great way to keep them neat, clean and safe.