Friday, April 27, 2012

Oodles of Goodies from Estate Sales!!

It has been a bit since I went to an estate sale, and this week I was treated to not one, but two!!  Usually, I have plans that would have kept me from them, but I was able to squeeze them in between appointments and commitments, and even introduce a friend to the world of estate sales.  Five minutes in the door, and she was hooked!  What fun!  Here are the photos of the sweet 'junk' I brought home:  some for me, some to sell and some for a friend's wish list.

Here is most of the loot from the first estate sale.  As you can see, there is quite the variety.  The piece of specked vintage linoleum was a great bonus, peeking out from under a throw rug.  You never know what you will find.









Haven't tried this dress on yet, but I think it will fit me.  It was hand made and is still in pristine condition. I told a friend that I plan to wear it with pearls and high heels while vacuuming my house!  June Cleaver's got nothing on me!!


This is pretty neat.  It is the top piece from a vintage stove.  Thought I would polish it up and see about hanging it up in the kitchen for some unique wall art.



This is a fun iron bed frame, unfortunately no rails but I don't foresee it being used as a bed again anyhow.  Right now it is for sale at the Spaulding Cooperage.  It would make a fun backdrop in a "bed" of flowers.  The skates will get greens and sparkles come winter.

And now, estate sale number two.....


Check out the whopper hangers.  Never seen anything like these.









Love all these vintage cheese boxes.  I think they may have a future in a friend's craft room full of goodies.

I had a great time going to theses two sales.  Might even venture out to the flea markets again soon.  If I do, I will certainly share the venture with you.

Hope you found joy along your path today.  Thanks for stopping by.