Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Bloomin'

Things are looking so pretty around the garden.  All the spring bloomers are blooming.  And happily, it is time to do some garden plantings as well.


Last week, I planted broccoli and peas.  This week it will be these lovely lettuce plants along with lettuce seeds and beans and another planting of peas.  The pansies will be potted and bring spring cheer to my trailer garden.



Aren't tulips pretty?


The creeping Phlox is in full bloom along with the blue forget-me-nots I can't seem to eradicate from my garden.  Yes, they are pretty, but too invasive.  Had I known how much they like to try to take over, I would have NEVER planted that first clump.  I have spent the last 12 years trying to oust them.  Unfortunately, my success is in not eradicating the little stinkers.  It is a curse!!


Such vibrant crab apple blossoms, aptly named Prairie Fire."


Can't remember what these are, but they are so pretty.  The deep burgundy flowers appear every spring on this vine.



And even puppy dog smiles are blooming outside!!


Hope you are finding joy in your stride today.  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Kris Vogelsang said...

Gardens are looking beautiful!