Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy things in grey weather

So last week, (actually the last two weeks) the weather was cold and rainy.  Not exactly the end of May weather.  It was pretty dreary.  My parents were here visiting for those two weeks.  Wouldn't you know it, the day they left the weather turned warm (hot almost) and sunny and there is not a cold day or rain drop in sight for the upcoming week.  I wonder if they brought the rain with them.  Hmmmmm?  Anyhow, my mom and I hit the road a week ago for a day trip to Concord, Ma.  We had a lovely lunch at the Concord Inn and did a little poking in the shops on main street.  Afterwards we stopped at Springbrook Farm in Littleton for a little more poking.  Despite the raw, grey weather there were happy things to be seen to brighten the day.  I thought I'd share them with you.
Old crate turned happy planter outside of the cafe.


The sign itself is happy.  I love antique shops as we all know.  The reason for the picture though is the momma bird sitting on the end of the sign bracket while her little peeps were hanging out in a nest behind her in the eaves.

Look up in the greenhouse at Springbrook Farm and this is the eye candy displayed there.

For sure, this helped to chase away the gloom!

And a sweet display of garden delight on the floor below!

What a happy day it turned out to be.  Actually any day spent with my Mommy is a happy day, but this one was extra happy.  I even found a few little trinkets to bring home with me.

No comments: