Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Packaging, Again. A Special Presentation

I have showed you some special touches for wrapping packages in past posts.  Today, have a quick peek at two more.

For my niece's birthday, I wrapped this one by 'sewing' the edges of the package shut with vintage seam binding, as well at at the closure at the top.  I had previously color copied some fun vintage images onto sticker paper to have on hand for quick decorating.  I chose the images I wanted, cut them out with decorative edged scissors and did a quick peel and stick.  I added a vintage anagram letter for her initial and tied on a vintage key.  Lastly, using a vintage postal stamp that says "special delivery" I stamped the wrapping.  Something special for a special girl.

We recently hosted a craft night for some friends from church.  Teens did one project together in the dining room while moms gathered in the studio for something different.  I wanted the guests to feel special, so special invites were in order.  I fashioned the envelopes from vintage sheet music and ephemera with typed names attached.  Inside, a large packing tag tied with seam binding listed the invitation information.  I am planning on using the same format to make gift card holders for holiday gifts.  I'll be sure to show you a few when they are done.  In the meantime, happy crafting to you.

No comments: