Sunday, February 12, 2012

Makin' Valentines!

This past Monday night, we hosted my daughter's small group from church and their moms for a valentine craft night.  The girls and ladies had access to lots of goodies from my studio and the tools to create one of a kind valentines for friends, family or just someone they hoped to touch with a gesture of their thoughtfulness.  I wish I had thought to grab the camera while they were crafting, but we were all enjoying our time together, I completely forgot.  But here is a peak at what I did remember to capture.


Vintage postal stampers, vintage sheet music, vintage photographs, vintage alphabet stamps, decorative scissors and punches, felt cutouts, valentine die cuts and more.


Vintage and new glitters.


Vintage millinery flowers.


Vintage keys, pretty twine and vintage postage stamps.


We also had a lot of typing going on at the the two vintage typewriters.  It was so much fun to have a whole group over to craft and enjoy the bounty and the happy atmosphere of the studio.


Here are two of Heidi's sweet valentines.



I was so content watching all the crafting going on and visiting (and keeping dogs at bay) that I saved my crafting for later.  Once the house was quiet and settled for the night, I returned to the studio to make some of my own valentines.   This is a new cozy little crafting corner I set up, complete with my grandma's kitchen stool for me to sit upon.   Here is my favorite valentine.







Hope you are having a nice weekend.  Looking forward to sharing more fun with you later this upcoming week.  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: