Sunday, July 10, 2011

Antique Marketplace Weekend

Well, it wasn't the blowout that I had last month, but the Marketplace still saw good sales for me for July.  Being July, I wasn't surprised at the slower paced turnout.  It is peek vacation time and folks are saving their time and money for activities with the family.  All in all, I did very well, however, and the few items that did not sell will no doubt disappear from my space at the Cooperage in the month to come.  Here are some happy pictures for you to see.
Here's my happy little corner again.  Still using just a half space and that seems to fit me just right.  Look closely and you'll see some of the flea market finds on display.  The white bookshelf was a red brown.  I gave it a coat of cream paint and distressed it.


The little early fold up crib from a flea is here holding linens.  Next to it is a little flea table, once mahogany colored, now distressed cream with a glass top on the inset of the table top.  I put newspaper ads from the 1920's under the glass, but it can be changed out to suit the owner and/or the holiday or season.


Remember the little yard sale free find I blogged about two weeks ago.  This green and black piece is the transformation.  I put a piece of moulding down the center front to hide the gap where the two nightstands had been joined years ago.  Two curio shelves were glue together to form the new top and back splash.  I also made two little brackets to hold up a new shelf along the back splash.  It all got a couple coats of paint, a good distressing to look timeworn and some distressed black knobs.  I am so proud of how this piece morphed from the little piece with potential into this finished work.


These three drawers had no home, long since separated from their unit.  I gave them a coat of paint inside and out, distressed and waxed them and labeled the bin pull handles with stamped numeral names and presto, cool storage bins for some one's shelf or bookcase. 

This piece was from Brimfield in May.  I finally got around to scrubbing all the grime off and making new labels for the drawers.  Love the aqua color.


Last to show you is this piece that was sold outside.  It started out as two sets of vintage black shutters with tulip cutouts.  I cut off the bottom couple inches to have a flat straight surface, screwed them all together with the addition of some pieces of wood, added three shelves, gave it all a coat of green paint and then distressed it to let the black show through.  Neat!

I love how this turned out.  I have two more sets of shutters, so I think I'll make another unit.  The only question is do I sell it or keep it?  Hmmm.......?

No comments: