Thursday, July 7, 2011

Meet Myrtle

Meet Myrtle, my 1960 vintage Fan trailer. She sits in my front yard under a little canopy built just for her. She is my personal sanctuary. Something that belongs only to me. You moms know that when you can't even claim bathroom time and space for your own without being interrupted by a child or spouse, how wonderful it is to have something that is yours and yours alone. Myrtle is my little bit of totally personal space. No one goes in, but me, unless invited by me. My only regret? I don't have the time I would like to spend out there! In a perfect world, I would have a cup of tea out there every day, and maybe even a snooze. As it is, this time of year is hard with gardening, yard work, and the kids home from school all summer. Even still, I take delight each day when I spend even a few moments on her "porch" watering the pretty flowers there. One of these days, I'll show you the inside of my little vintage world. Till then...



No comments: