Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don't say that BAD word!!

Well, yes. I do live in New England.  And, yes, I have come to expect the unexpected (in terms of weather that is), but come on!!!!  Not that bad word, ALREADY!  Hey, listen, I'm all for frost on the pumpkin at night.  It is, after all, fall. I expect crisp nights and cool days this time of year, but really???  I was just clipping zinnias out of my garden a few days ago, for goodness sakes.  I still have autumn chores to do outside.  And tonight, what to my wondering eyes should appear?   Dare I say that naughty word out loud?  Well I guess so, since it is all over outside!!

                                                                                             SNOW!!!!!

Yup, those are my geraniums under there.

It actually has the nerve to stick to the ground and accumulate!

More than a bit of frost, eh?



Maisy went out, got covered in flakes and pitifully asked to come back in.  She is used to a warm fire in the stove to thaw by in the snowy season.  No fire going tonight pup.  We just started turning on the heat a couple days ago, for heaven's sake!  What kind of a crazy place is this?  I can't remember the last time I saw accumulating snow in my yard in October. 

Good grief Charlie Brown!!!

1 comment:

Kris Vogelsang said...

I know right?! Talk about rushing the Holiday Season!