Thursday, October 13, 2011

Forgotten Spaces in the Barn

While they haven't necessarily been forgotten, the spaces under the oldest barn on my sister's farm haven't been regularly used in a long time, at least not by humans.  Enter the realm of the barn cats, and one of my favorite places at Erin's farm.

I covet this old chicken equipment. 

This appears to have once housed either chickens or turkeys, at least during the cold weather.





Yup, it's been a long while since these tools have been put to use, but I kind of like it like this.  This way, they tell a story.  Stand still, close your eyes, breathe in the scent of the earthen floor and listen for the past.  I can hear it, can you?

Our time at Erin's was brief, but well enjoyed.  Family, farm and fun - what more could a girl ask for?

No comments: