Monday, October 10, 2011

Vintage Birthday Centerpiece

For the month of September, my dining room centerpiece had a birthday theme - vintage style of course!  September held four birthdays celebrated at our house - one for me, one for my dad, one for my husband's visiting aunt from Germany and one for his mom (technically in October, but we celebrated in September.)  Now that October is firmly established (and I am home from travelling to Wisconsin) it will change to to a Halloween centerpiece, but before that happens I thought you'd like to see it.
Sorry for the floor shot.  I was using all my table tops and counters for a very spread out project of organizing and pricing my items for the next (and last of the year) Cooperage Market.  My "cake" is made of ribbon rolls stacked on a petite glass pedestal plate.

For candles at the top of the "cake" are two boxes of vintage birthday candles. 


This little jar of cake sprinkles came out of my grandma's cupboards on my last visit to her before she died.  Sorting through the spice cupboard for some nutmeg for the Swedish meatballs she and I were making together, I came across this and asked to have it.  It had probably been in there for 40+ years.  Hopefully it had not been used for that long as well!

Vintage birthday cards, more candles, a tin horn, candle holders and ruffled nut cups round out the rest of the treasures. 

And last but not least, I received this book for my birthday this year (thank you Kris!) and added it quite appropriately to the display.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to any of you celebrating today!

No comments: