Friday, April 1, 2011

SImple Joys

Well, the last week has been a busy one.  My sister and her family came to Massachusetts from Wisconsin for a 6 day visit.  They were last here a little over 5 years ago with only one baby in tow.  This happy visit brought them all:  my sister, her husband and their three little ones ages 6, 5 and almost 2.  My little house was bursting at the seams with happy, busy activity.  Erin and her husband took off for three days to enjoy some long overdue couple time in Boston, while the little ones stayed here for lots of lovin and fun.  Of all the things we did: museum, parks, trip to see the cows at the dairy (where the girls decided cow poop really smells!), visiting turtles at the flower green houses, etc., etc., I think some of the sweetest times were the simplest.  Seeing the joy on 5 year old Addy's face when she got to walk one of our dogs all by herself, was priceless.  Both girls walked a dog on leash all on their own for four walks.  There is just something so special seeing a dog and child bond and spend time together walking down the road talking to each other.




The other simple joy was Hunter. At almost two, he is so expressive.  Joy is so joyful (just as grumpy is so grumpy), but the joy was around almost all of the time.  He is a picky eater, but LOVED his yogurt every day.  We would ask him if it was yummy and he would flash a brilliant smile and give a resounding "Yesh!"  As you can see here, there is no doubt he was having a happy lunch of yogurt.



Its now quiet again in my house.  April fools day has brought us a snowstorm (although thankfully, nothing as strong as the blizzard we had this time 14 years ago when Heidi was born) and I am feeling a little down that spring has been put temporarily on hold with a new and late snow cover.  I am also missing Erin and her little ones.  It was busy and noisy and my house was disheveled, but it was great and all the warm memories of our time this past week will bring the warmth of spring into my heart and soul.  And just as I know the snow will melt again soon, I also can look forward to visiting my sister and her family at their home, hopefully this summer.

2 comments:

Kris Vogelsang said...

Glad you had a great time with your sister and her family!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sure the kids will have fun memories of their visit with Auntie Tera! Let's pray for sunshine!